Sometimes, you really need to find a certain colour and pattern of wallpaper. Either you have a particular wallpaper already on your walls and want to extend it into other rooms, or you have found a pattern that is perfect for a new decorating scheme. The problem is that the colour and pattern on which you have your heart set is discontinued. Finding discontinued wallpaper may seem like an impossible task; however, it can be done.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Check with large wallpaper stores in your area. The larger wallpaper stores often do have discontinued patterns. You may also be able to get what you need at a discounted price.
Search eBay. Do not be discouraged if you do not find the discontinued wallpaper you want the first time you search. New items are listed every day, and the wallpaper for which you are looking may be listed on a new day.
Finally, find sites that will allow you to post your searches along with photos. One good site is thriftyfun.com. If you have a photo of the wallpaper for which you are searching, they will allow you to post it. It also helps if you have a name and/or product number.
Tips and warnings
- If you visit a large wallpaper store in your area, ask the manager if she can make some inquiries for you.
- You may find the wallpaper you want; however, there may not be enough rolls for your project. Also, the wallpaper available may only be in partial rolls. Be sure to check the quantity when you make inquiries.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for