Aquariums are mini-ecosystems that house our aquatic pets. In order to provide these pets with the environment that they prefer to live in, many devices must be used. One of these devices is the fish tank filter. One brand that is widely used is the Eheim brand. The Eheim brand of fish filter is reliable if used properly.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Eheim fish filter
- Cleaning brush or small toothbrush
Unpack the contents of the box, which should include suction cups, pump head, water outlet, filter cartridge, filter canister and ascending tube, regardless of the model type.
Attach the suction cups to the back of the filter canister.
Attach the filter canister to one corner of the wall of the aquarium by the suction cups. Make sure that the water outlet is aligned with the water level of the tank.
Plug in the water filter to turn it on. It should begin operating immediately.
Eheim Fish Filter Installation
Change the filter cartridge. Unplug the filter and remove it from the aquarium. Remove the pump head and thoroughly wash out the cartridge or replace if necessary. The cartridge should be replaced after three cleanings.
Clean the pump head. Twist open the locking mechanism on the pump head and remove the impeller wheel, magnet and spindle. Clean with a toothbrush or Eheim pump head cleaning brush.
Reassemble the pump head and place it back in the filter, along with the cartridge. Return the filter to its designated location in the aquarium and plug it back in.
Eheim Fish Filter Maintenance
Tips and warnings
- Never let the water level in the tank fall below the water outlet or the filter will run dry and the motor will burn out.
- Make sure that you form a "drip" loop with the cord of the plug. The cord should come down from the aquarium and up to the outlet. This will prevent any drips or leakage from dripping onto the power cord.
- Do not reach for the filter if it falls into water. Go to your circuit breaker and cut off power to the aquarium area, then unplug and lastly remove the filter.
- Do not plug in the filter if the cord is damaged or appears to be wet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for