You finally got the wood floors you wanted in your home. You were sick of carpet and all the cleaning it required. You now have wood flooring and you love the shine and how easy it is to wipe up spills and loose debris. The only question is--how do you clean finished wood flooring? Easily, thanks to Murphy Oil Soap.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rubber gloves
- Measuring cup
- Murphy Oil Soap
- 1 gallon warm water
- Long-handled brush
- Clean soft mop
- Dry cloth or towel
Mix 1/4 cup of Murphy Oil Soap and 1 gallon of warm water in a bucket.
Agitate the soap mixture with a long-handled brush.
Dip a clean soft mop into the soap mixture.
Wring the mop. It should be damp, not dripping, with the soap mixture.
Mop the wood floor.
Dry the floor with a clean cloth or towel if you spilled any of the soap mixture. No rinsing of the wood floor is needed.
Tips and warnings
- Murphy Oil Soap cleans wax buildup. Over time, you may have to reapply a wax protectant.
- Do not use Murphy Oil Soap on unfinished wood floors.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for