The Casio Edifice watch is a solar-powered, radio-controlled, analogue-digital watch with features like multiple alarms and a chronometer. If you excitedly put on your new Casio Edifice, only to find a few excess links standing between you and a perfectly-fitting watch, you'll be pleased to learn that you can remove the links yourself with little or no prior watch repair experience. You'll have your custom-fitting Casio Edifice back on your wrist in no time.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Felt square
- Watch pin removal tool or push pin
- Needle-nose watch or jewellery pliers
- Small clear plastic zipper bag
Select a clean, flat work surface where you can perform your watch band adjustment. Put down a piece of felt to protect the face of your Casio Edifice. Turn on a lamp near your workspace to better illuminate the watch components with which you will be working.
Lay your Casio Edifice face down on the protective felt. Look for the small arrows on the back of some of the watch links; these arrows indicate the removable watch links and the direction their pins should be removed.
Locate the pin hole above the arrow on the removable watch links. Insert the tip of a watch pin removal tool, or push pin, into the pin hole. Apply pressure to the link pin, in the direction indicated by the arrow, to free the pin and remove the link. A pair of needle-nose watch or jewellery pliers can be used to help pull out stubborn link pins. Remove as many links as necessary for your watch to fit perfectly.
Reserve the links and link pins that you remove from your Casio Edifice watch. Store the removed watch components in a small, clear, plastic zipper bag. These components can be used when repairing or expanding your Casio Edifice watch band.
Tips and warnings
- Tap the end of your screwdriver with a small mallet if you have trouble removing the watch's link pins.
- Casio recommends that customers have their watch bands sized by an authorised Casio watch dealer. Sizing the band of your Casio Edifice yourself may void the manufacturer's warranty on your watch. Contact Casio customer support for more warranty information.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for