When the iPod first hit the market in 2001, it was simply a portable music player. Since those first models, however, the iPod has been upgraded so that it can play videos as well as music. Now, by using a component cable--similar to the ones you use to connect a VCR or DVD player with--your iPod can also be used as a video player on your Samsung LCD TV. To do this, you will need to first set up your iPod for video output and connect it to your TV. Fortunately, the process is a fairly easy and quick one.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Apple AV component cable
- USB power adaptor (optional)
Use the clickwheel on your iPod to scroll down to “Videos” and press the centre button to access your video menu.
Use the clickwheel to scroll down to “Settings.”
Click the centre button to access your iPod video settings.
Scroll down to “TV Out” and click the centre button.
Scroll to “On” and click the centre button to set up your iPod for video output.
Plug the green, blue and red video connectors on the Apple AV component cable into the corresponding inputs on the back of your Samsung LCD TV.
Connect the white and red audio connectors on the Apple AVE component cable to the red and white inputs on the back of your Samsung LCD TV.
Plug the 30-pin dock connector on the Apple AV component cable into the dock connector on your iPod--the dock connector is located on the bottom of your iPod and is the same port you use to connect it to a computer.
Turn your iPod and your Samsung LCD TV on.
Tune your TV to the channel that corresponds with the component inputs that you connected the Apple AV component cable to. If you connected the cable the component input No. 1, tune your Samsung LCD TV to “Component 1.” If you connected the cable to component input No. 2, tune your TV to “Component 2.”
Use your iPod’s clickwheel to scroll down to “Videos” and press the centre button to access your videos menu.
Use your iPod’s clickwheel to scroll to the video you want--when you find the one you want to watch on your Samsung LCD TV, press the centre button to start playing it.
Tips and warnings
- Use the controls on your iPod’s clickwheel to control the playback of your video--the right arrow will skip forward, the left arrow will skip backward and the play/pause function--at the bottom of the clickwheel--will play and pause the video.
- Connecting your iPod to your Samsung LCD TV will not keep your iPod charged while it's playing. To keep your iPod battery from draining while you’re playing videos, you can connect it to the optional USB power adaptor.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for