Your credit score is one of the most important numbers in your life. The FICO score, a credit score created by the Fair Isaac Corporation, tells potential creditors how much of a credit risk you are and helps them determine what interest rate to offer you on loans. It is important for you to know what this score is since it directly affects your purchasing power. Luckily, there is a service which will give you your FICO score free.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Credit card
Open up your computer browser and go to myFICO.com. Click on the "Start Free Trial" button.
Click on the "New Account" button to open and account.
Fill out all of the information on the account application. This will include your name, birthday, Social Security number, gender, and address.
Decide if you want any of the real estate special offers which myFICO offers. Click on the ones you want and click "Continue."
After reading the customer agreement, click on the "I agree" box located under the agreement. Click "Continue."
Enter your credit card information and sign up for a 30-day free trial of myFICO.com's Score Watch. By signing up for a free trial, you can quickly get your score.
Verify your identity so myFICO knows its giving the information to the correct person. Once this is complete, log in to the system to see your credit score.
Tips and warnings
- Be sure to cancel your service before the 30 days are up in order not to get billed. You can do this by clicking the "Support" tab at the top of the main myFICO screen and following the steps for cancellation.
- Your FICO socore is only one of several scores you can receive regarding your credit. There are three major credit bureaus which report credit scores. Your FICO score usually places behind the three primary scores, but it may be used by a creditor to help determine your creditworthiness.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for