Almost everyone has a feature they aren't entirely happy with. However, facial features can be accentuated or obscured with a few cosmetic tricks. If you believe your nose is too flat and doesn't stand out enough, use make-up to create the illusion of a longer, more prominent nose.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Foundation (matching your skin tone)
- Foundation (one to two shades darker than your skin tone)
- Applicator sponge (optional)
- Powder (one to two shades lighter than your skin tone)
- Make-up brush
Apply a foundation in a shade close to your natural skin tone to your nose with your fingers or an applicator sponge.
Apply foundation a shade or two darker than your natural skin tone to the sides of your nose. This will accentuate the contours of your nose, making it appear longer, according to EZ make-up.com.
Using your fingers or a make-up brush, gently blend the foundation on your nose, making sure the line between the darker and lighter colours is not visible.
Apply powder a few shades lighter than your natural skin tone to the centre of your nose using a make-up brush. ShoppingLifestyle.com recommends blending the powder until it is smooth to avoid noticeable lines.
Emphasise your cheekbones to draw attention to your nose. Apply flattering blush colours to the apples of your cheeks, according to BecomeGorgeous.com.
Tips and warnings
- Become Gorgeous recommends selecting rose-coloured blush if you have a warm skin tone, peachy blush if you have a peach skin done and lighter shades for fair skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for