Chocolate-covered rice-cripsy treats are delicious and make a perfect snack for anytime during the day. Add mixed nuts and top with a cherry for an additional bite and flavour.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/4 cup butter
- 284gr. marshmallows
- 340gr. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 cups toasted rice cereal
- 10gms mixed nuts such as almonds, pecans, cashews ground to small pieces (optional)
- Cherries (optional)
- 9x13x2-inch dish (or paper cups)
- Microwaveable bowl(s)
Combine butter, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until the mix has melted. (You can also cook the mixture on your hob as well, stirring frequently.)
Add toasted rice and mix well. Add nuts into the mix (optional) and stir, taking care not to break the puffed rice. The "batter" will take a bit of effort to mix well but keep stiring until everything is blended.
Spoon the mix into the paper cups or spread evenly into a greased dish.
Chill and cut into squares (when using the dish).
Place a cherry on top of each treat before serving (optional). Enjoy right away.
Tips and warnings
- These treats tend to go stale pretty quickly unless properly covered or contained. So wrap them with a cling film or store in airtight container.
- Rice Krispies is a trademark of the cereal maker Kellogg's but this dish may be made with any toasted rice cereal.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for