Avent baby bottles are designed to be dishwasher safe. Avent bottle nipples are generally not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed. Additionally, hand washing baby bottles helps ensure that dishwasher detergent is not stuck in the bottle. Hand washing using a bottle brush also ensures a thorough cleansing, which protects your baby from germs.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Avent baby bottle
- Bottle brush
- Nipple brush
- Liquid dishwashing soap
Pull the bottle cap off of the top of the baby bottle.
Twist off the top of the bottle leaving the ring and nipple separate from the bottle itself. With the nipple pointing upwards, press down on the nipple and pop it out of the bottle ring.
Rinse the bottle, bottle cap, bottle ring and nipple in lukewarm water.
Put a small drop of soap on the bottle brush and rub the soap into the brush until foam appears.
Scrub the bottle, bottle cap and bottle ring with the bottle brush. Brush the Avent baby bottle parts with the bottle brush in a circular motion making sure to scrub all areas of the bottle parts. Thoroughly rinse the bottle, bottle cap and ring with lukewarm water making sure to remove every bit of soap from the bottle parts. Rinse the bottle brush and set aside. Place the parts upside down on a drying rack.
Place a small drop of soap in the nipple brush and rub the soap into the nipple brush until foam appears.
Clean the nipple with the nipple brush making sure to scrub inside the nipple as well as outside. Poke the nipple brush inside the nipple to clean the inside area. Rinse the nipple with lukewarm water making sure to remove all soap from inside and outside the nipple. Rinse the nipple brush and set aside. Place the nipple on a drying rack.
Insert the nipple back into the ring after all bottle parts have dried. Push the nipple into the ring until the nipple clicks into place. Screw the ring with attached nipple back onto the bottle. Place the bottle cap over the nipple and press down until you hear a click signifying the bottle is tightly capped.
Cleaning an Avent baby bottle
Tips and warnings
- Washing multiple Avent baby bottles at once is more efficient than washing each bottle immediately after you use it. Take a large bowl of lukewarm water and place the bottle parts into the bowl throughout the day until you accumulate enough items to wash. This will help keep milk from crusting onto the bottle and will also help you save time by washing bottles together rather than one at a time.
- Ingesting soap is dangerous to a baby. Make sure you rinse all bottle parts thoroughly so that no soap remains on any of the bottle parts. Soap can get suck inside the nipple. Take extra care to be sure the nipple is free of any soap residue. Do not reuse a dirty bottle. Always wash an Avent baby bottle after every use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for