PayPal makes it easy to send and receive money. The site has traditionally worked by linking your e-mail address to your bank account. If you have a mobile phone, you can also receive money through your phone.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Mobile phone with texting capability
- PayPal account
Sign into your PayPal account.
Under the Account Overview tab, click on Profile. A screen with your phone number comes up. On this screen, click on Add or Edit Phone Number.
Make sure your phone number is correct. If it is not, click on Edit and put in the correct phone number. Once the number is correct, click on Activate Your Phone.
Choose a four-digit personal identification number (PIN). Enter it twice. Check the box to indicate that you own this phone, and click on Submit.
Wait until PayPal texts you a confirmation code. Enter this code in the box on the PayPal page you are on.
Activating Your Mobile Phone with PayPal
Make sure your phone is turned on and can accept texts.
When someone sends you money, you will receive a text. Open the text, and read it.
Sign into your PayPal account on either your phone or your computer to make sure the money you received is in your account. If it is not there, call customer service.
Receiving Money from PayPal Mobile
Tips and warnings
- You can send a text to PayPal to send money to someone else's account.
- If you have mobile Internet, you can check your PayPal account from your phone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for