You can learn how to remove the back of a Bulova Accutron watch without any prior technical knowledge. You may need to take off the back to change the batteries or to let the watch dry after it came into contact with liquid. You will need a steady hand and dexterity because you will be working with small tools. You will also need a good deal of patience. Still, removing the back of a Bulova Accutron is a very quick task to accomplish.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Jeweller's flat head screwdriver
Set up your tools. You will be working with very small pieces so find a clean and well-lit area. You may want to work on top of a piece of cardboard or newspaper so you can keep track of the pieces.
Unscrew the four screws that hold the back of the watch in place. Use a jeweller's flathead screwdriver. This can be purchased at any jewellery supply store.
Put the screws on a magnet for safekeeping. The screws are tiny, and this will ensure that they're not lost until you want to replace the back of the watch.
Pull off the back of the watch using your fingernails. It should come off easily. If the back is stuck, wedge the screwdriver between the plate and the inside of the watch and bend so that the backing pops off.
Tips and warnings
- Don't forget when unscrewing the screws that turning to the left loosens the screw and turning to the right tightens the screw.
- You can replace the back of the watch by following the Steps in reverse order.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for