Showers can experience a build-up of soap scum that can be hard to remove with regular bathroom cleaners. If you find that you are spending an hour trying to scrub your shower with no success, consider using Easy-Off oven cleaner to do the scrubbing for you. Just make sure that you are using the fume-free version in your bathroom.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plastic cleaning gloves
- Easy-Off fume free oven cleaner
Put on a pair of plastic cleaning gloves.
Spray a small amount of Easy-Off oven cleaner in one spot, and wait 10 minutes to see if any discolouration occurs to the surface of your shower. If not, the product is safe to use to clean your shower.
Spray a thin layer of Easy-Off oven cleaner anywhere in your shower that you spot soap scum. Spray the doors as well as the walls and the shower floor.
Leave the room for half an hour while the Easy-Off oven cleaner does its magic.
Wipe away the soap scum with a sponge. Vigorous scrubbing is unnecessary. Rinse your sponge off periodically. Give your shower a final rinse with plain water.
Tips and warnings
- It is a good idea to wear gloves whenever you are working with any type of cleaning products. The chemicals could easily irritate your skin. The gloves will protect your skin while you are cleaning.
- You do not have to use a sponge. Use a wash cloth or a heavy duty paper towel instead.
- Do not use Easy-Off''s heavy duty oven cleaner. You do not want to be breathing in those strong fumes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for