The consumption of wine is not just for special occasions. Many people enjoy a glass of wine with dinner or after a long day at the office. A common problem many wine drinkers face are stained wine glasses. Older wine glasses may etch easily, leaving them more susceptible to wine stains. Additionally when wine glasses aren't rinsed after being used, any wine left inside the glass can stain it. Luckily, wine stains are easy to remove from glasses.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Denture cleaning tablets
- Stemware brush
Hand wash the stained wine glass to be sure to remove any debris from the glass. Soak the glass overnight in hot water. After soaking, hand wash the glass as usual and use the stemware brush to remove any stubborn stains.
If the hot water soak doesn't work, mix one part vinegar with one part hot water and allow the glass to soak in the solution for a few minutes. After soaking, wash the glass as usual and use the stemware brush to remove any stubborn stains.
If the vinegar soak doesn't completely remove the stain, fill the glass with water and drop one denture cleaning tablet in the glass. Once the tablet has completely dissolved, use the stemware brush to remove any stubborn stains. Hand wash and dry the glass as usual.
Tips and warnings
- Always rinse wine glasses immediately after use to prevent staining.
- Never use anything abrasive on glassware, as it can scratch the glass and make it more prone to stains.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for