Avoid the chemical ingredients in factory-made ice cream toppings by making and serving homemade Magic Shell ice cream topping. Homemade ice cream topping tastes fresher and more natural than its store-bought counterparts. The homemade Magic Shell ice cream topping requires three common ingredients that most people have on hand in their kitchen. These ingredients are inexpensive, making homemade ice cream topping an economical choice.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cooking pot
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Bowl of ice cream
Melt the butter on medium heat.
Add the sugar to the melted butter. Stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved completely.
Add the cocoa powder to the sugar and butter mixture. Stir quickly until the cocoa is completely incorporated.
Pour the hot homemade Magic Shell topping onto the ice cream. The topping will begin to harden quickly as it cools.
Tips and warnings
- This recipe makes enough homemade Magic Shell ice cream topping for two servings. If more is needed, double the ingredients. Homemade Magic Shell is also delicious served over frozen strawberries and other frozen fruits.
- Avoid letting the butter burn in the pot. Watch it carefully and stir continuously once the sugar is added.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for