The fragile nature of glass means that the material is susceptible to cracks when it is not handled with care. Glass vases are especially at risk because they are typically narrow in shape and have a slender base, which can be knocked over easily and damaged. Fortunately, you can repair your cracked vase in the comfort of your home with a few speciality tools.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Glass adhesive
- Rubber gloves
- Cotton swabs
Locate the area on your glass vase with the crack.
Put on rubber gloves to protect your hands when applying the repair solution.
Apply the glass adhesive to the crack both on the interior and exterior of the vase. Squeeze the adhesive tube or apply using a cotton swab. This will seal and strengthen the cracked area.
Set the vase aside to dry for 24 hours before using. After this period it should be safe to resume using the glass vase.
Tips and warnings
- Apply only a small amount of glass adhesive so it will dry without leaving a residue. Do the repair on an old towel to cushion the vase and provide a stable surface for the repair.
- Do not get any glass adhesive on your hands because it will be difficult to remove. After finishing the repair, put the glass adhesive away and clean the area thoroughly so that animals and children don't accidentally ingest the adhesive residue.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for