If you accidentally marked your vinyl handbag with a ballpoint pen, don’t give up and throw it away. Ballpoint pen ink can be difficult to remove, but there are steps you can take to remove it. The key is to remove the stain as quickly as possible before it has a chance to embed into the material.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Clean rag or paper towels
- Liquid dish detergent (clear)
Squirt some hairspray directly on the ballpoint ink stain.
Wait a few minutes while the vinyl absorbs the hairspray, but don’t let it dry.
Rub the spot gently with a paper towel.
Spray the stain again with the hairspray if it has not completely disappeared. Add a few drops of liquid dish detergent after you apply the spray.
Rub the spot with your fingers.
Rinse the area with lukewarm water and blot dry with a paper towel or clean rag.
Tips and warnings
- This procedure also works on leather and fabric.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for