Lexmark printers are popular among home computer users, because they offer simplified functions and usage resources comparable to anyone's level of computer experience. Lexmark printers also come with online resources that can be found on the Lexmark Support site. The support site is essential for Lexmark owners, because it houses user manuals, technical support guides, and software drivers for every Lexmark printer model. Therefore, Lexmark printers' drivers can be downloaded, and installed directly from the Internet without any physical software.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Lexmark product and model number for your printer
Direct your Internet browser to the Lexmark Support website. (See resources for the "Lexmark.com: Technical Support Site" link.)
Mouse over the "Downloads" tab across the top of the Lexmark site menu, and click "Driver Finder" in the collapsible menu list. The Lexmark Downloads page will open in a new pop-up browser window.
Scroll down to the display images of Lexmark products by type, at the bottom of the page. Click the display image comparable to the category your Lexmark printer falls into.
Browse the list of Lexmark printer models that will be displayed for the category you chose. Click the image of your Lexmark printer once you have located it.
Scroll to the bottom of Lexmark printer's home page, and click the operating system tab for your computer. Double-click the download link for your operating system.
Save the Lexmark driver application to your computer's hard drive. Run the driver application from your computer to download, install, and copy all of your Lexmark printer's functions and software for hardware set-up.
Tips and warnings
- Once you have downloaded the software driver for your Lexmark printer, please be advised that you will need the printer's USB connection cable to proceed with the driver's installation. The USB connection cable enables you to establish a physical connection between the printer and your computer.
- Software may not be available for some Lexmark printers. Depending on when the printer was released, the printer's generation may not have drivers available for download.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for