Chiffon is a fabric made of silk, rayon, cotton, nylon and/or polyester. It is a very delicate material and is often chosen to make formal wear and other dressy outfits. It adds a flow and romantic elegance to garments. Typically, this type of clothing requires special care for washing and ironing because the fabric is sensitive to water and heat. Using each of these substances in abundance on your chiffon can damage it.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ironing board
- Chiffon garment
Empty all water from the iron.
Plug in the iron and turn the setting to cool.
Place the chiffon garment on the ironing board.
Place the pillowcase on top of the chiffon.
Iron over the pillowcase in the direction of the thread of the chiffon, smoothing out all wrinkles.
Tips and warnings
- The pillowcase protects the chiffon from damage. You may try a very low heat setting on the iron if desired. Do not exceed a low heat, or you will damage the garment.
- Never use steam or excessive water on chiffon garments. Never put the chiffon in the washer or dryer. Spot clean or dry clean only.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for