NordicTrack ski exercisers offer a total-body workout that can help you to lose weight and improve your cardiovascular health. NordicTrack skiers also offer multiple levels of resistance to allow you to gradually increase the difficulty of your workout. With all the exercise options offered by your NordicTrack skier, you may never have to go to the gym again. To keep your NordicTrack ski exerciser working as well as the first day you got it, regular care and maintenance is required.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- All-purpose cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Paraffin wax
- Lubricating oil
- Rubbing alcohol
- 100-grit sandpaper
Wipe down your NordicTrack skier after each use to prevent the build-up of dust, dirt or perspiration. Use an all-purpose cleaner to wipe down the metal parts on your NordicTrack skier. The wood surfaces on your NordicTrack skier can be dusted with a clean, dry cloth and then shined with a furniture polishing product.
Lubricate the sides of the skis on your NordicTrack skier every two weeks for a smoother gliding experience. Apply a paraffin wax product to the sides of your skis according to package directions.
Inspect your NordicTrack skier's resistance strap and flywheel at the same time each month. Set your NordicTrack skier to the lowest resistance setting and remove the resistance strap. Wipe down the flywheel and surrounding components with a sponge dampened with rubbing alcohol and allow to air dry. Tighten the nuts beneath the U-shaped bolt cover to the right of the flywheel. Replace the resistance strap to complete your monthly flywheel and resistance strap maintenance.
Examine the arm exerciser on your NordicTrack skier every three months to ensure its resistance pad is properly lubricated. Loosen, but do not remove, the resistance knob on your NordicTrack skier arm exerciser to give the pulley beneath it some play. Lift the pulley and rub the leather resistance pad underneath it with a piece of 100-grit sandpaper. Drop two drops of a lubricating oil onto the leather resistance pad and rub it in. Place a pencil between the pulley and resistance pad for at least eight hours to allow the oil to soak into the leather. After eight hours, remove the pencil and tighten the resistance knob.
Lubricate the roller axles on your NordicTrack skier if they start to squeak. Place a drop of lubricating oil on either side of the roller axles and spin them to distribute the lubricating oil.
Tips and warnings
- Carefully store your NordicTrack skier during periods of disuse. Loosen the resistance knob and remove any accessories from your NordicTrack ski exerciser. Take the batteries out of the electronic console and remove the resistance strap from the flywheel. Fold up your NordicTrack skier and store it away until you are ready to use it again.
- Do not lubricate the drive rollers near your NordicTrack skier's flywheel. These components are internally lubricated and should not be oiled.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for