An Essex cocktail is a bold, intensely flavoured drink that fans of strong cocktails should really enjoy. The Essex combines four alcoholic ingredients without any mixers, so make sure you don't over-pour when making this drink for party or dinner guests. The Essex cocktail makes a wonderful drink after dinner, and it pairs very well with dark fruit, vanilla and chocolate desserts. This recipe makes one Essex cocktail, served straight up in a chilled cocktail glass.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cocktail shaker
- Crushed ice
- 29.6ml. lemon vodka
- 29.6ml. vodka
- 29.6ml. peppermint liqueur
- 29.6ml. blackberry schnapps
- Chilled cocktail glass
- Lemon wheel, for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker half-full with crushed ice.
Add the lemon vodka, vodka, peppermint liqueur and blackberry schnapps to the cocktail shaker.
Cover the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 15 to 20 seconds.
Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish the finished cocktail with a freshly sliced lemon wheel and serve right away.
Tips and warnings
- For a sweeter cocktail, add one-half teaspoon grenadine syrup right before serving.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for