Go Kart racing is a thrilling extreme sport that is competitive to many avid racers. Racing go karts can be fun, yet at the same time it can also be dangerous. One of the most important things about racing go karts is winning. Chances are that not every race will lead you to victory, but there are certain key things you can do prior and during the race to get the upper hand. Winning a go kart race takes dedication and concentration, but in the long run, that might all pay off with a championship title.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tire gauge
- Air compressor
- Racing fuel
- Energy bars
Check the go kart from top to bottom looking for anything that might need to be tightened or repaired. The go kart should be in good condition, and not have anything wrong with it that will lead to disqualification, such as loose parts. Use a wrench to double check all of the bolts.
Check the tire pressure using the tire pressure gauge. If the tires are underinflated, use the air compressor to fill them up to the proper PSI or pounds per square inch. An improperly inflated tire could blow during the race.
Fill the gas up to the top with the racing fuel. The fuel that should be used will be determined by the race or go kart parameters. Some go karts use a higher octane level than others. It is important to put in the correct gas in accordance to the rules prior to the race. This will allow for a longer time on the track and not in the pits.
Sleep well the night before a race. It is difficult to win a race when tired because there will be a loss in concentration. Anywhere from eight to ten hours of rest will allow the driver to be well rested and focused. A well balanced breakfast is must. Hungry drivers could be distracted while on the course. A good breakfast might include eggs, bacon and toast, or oatmeal. Having an energy bar might also increase attentiveness during the race.
Inspect the track by looking over the race map or walking the track. Remembering where the curves are is crucial. Knowing the track inside and out will make driving the track easier. This might also allow you to think of a strategy when racing, such as when to overcome another racer.
Move out of the starting position quickly. Both eyes should be focused on the green flag. Once the flag drops, accelerate quickly to gain a good position.
Drive fast, but strategically. While racing, look to see where the other racers are and what lies ahead on the track. To overcome a vehicle, try to make an inside or outside move during a turn. Use the track to the best of your abilities when trying to get to the first place position.
Tips and warnings
- 1. Stay close to the go kart in front of you, but do not tailgate to the point where you might clip his or her go kart.
- 2. Stay close to the officials on the race day so you do not miss the race when they call for the line-up.
- 3. Look to see what the weather is going to be like for the day. This may cause the racing strategy to change.
- 1. Always use protective gear, such as gloves and eye wear, when inspecting or repairing any go kart.
- 2. Make sure the gas cap is on tight. If the cap comes off, gas could damage the engine or track.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for