Wrist corsages are still a prom date or mom-of-the-bride staple, but instead of a plain elastic wristband use a flower bracelet to give wrist corsages a modern update. Flower bracelets are stretch bracelets made of beads or rhinestones with a special plastic base attached to hold the flowers. Flower bracelets come in dozens of colours and varieties to match the wearer's outfit and can be reused with a new corsage or worn as a keepsake.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Flower bracelet
- 1-foot length of 2-inch PVC pipe
- Pre-made bow
- Floral knife
- Floral adhesive
- Spray roses
- Filler flowers
- Floral scissors
Place the flower bracelet onto a 1-foot piece of 2-inch PVC pipe to use as a holder while making the corsage.
Attach a pre-made bow to the plastic base on the flower bracelet using floral adhesive or wire.
Use the floral knife to cut the stems of the roses off below two rose blossoms at the calyx to make a flat area. Apply floral adhesive on the flat area below two blossoms and position the two roses side by side in the middle of the plastic base.
Cut off the stems of two more roses at a diagonal about 1/4 inch below the bottom of the roses; apply floral adhesive to the bottom of these two roses.
Position one rose above the side-by-side roses at the top of the plastic base. Position the second rose below the two side-by-side roses on the plastic base.
Cut off the stems for several smaller, closed roses about 1/2 inch below the bottom of the roses; apply floral adhesive to the stems and fill in between the four glued roses with the smaller roses.
Cut the filler flowers and greenery about 2 to 4 inches long using floral scissors; apply glue to the stems and fill in the corsage to finish the floral design.
Tips and warnings
- Use a generous amount of floral adhesive to hold the flowers in the corsage.
- You can use floral tape and wire to attach the flowers and fillers to the plastic base on the flower bracelet.
- Allow the floral adhesive to dry outside the floral cooler or refrigerator before storing the corsage.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for