Issues with sending and receiving text messages seemingly occur just when you need this service the most. While frustrating to the extreme, hold off on angrily snapping your Motorola RAZR in two when this happens. Instead, remember that issues with text messaging on the RAZR are commonly caused by software glitches that can be easily resolved without calling in for technical assistance.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Motorola RAZR
- Carrier contact number
Turn the RAZR off and back on, then test. Power-cycling your RAZR clears out clogged-up device memory that has built up over time and likely led to your software issue. Test for resolution by sending a text message to your own mobile number. This allows you to see if a message will both send and receive without needing to ask friends or family to help you test it out.
Master reset your RAZR and then test again. A master reset will undo any personal changes you have made to your RAZR, such as wallpapers and ring tones, but will not erase any of your personal data from the device. Perform this by pressing "Menu," "Settings," "Initial Setup" and "Master Reset." If you set up a security code, you will be prompted to enter it.
Master clear your RAZR. Note that this type of reset will purge all content on the device, so back up any information you may need at a later time. To master clear the RAZR, press "Menu," "Settings," "Initial Setup" and "Master Clear." Enter the security code if asked.
Contact your carrier to have the RAZR replaced. If the RAZR is covered under warranty, your carrier will send you a replacement. If your phone is not covered under the warranty, you may instead contact Motorola for return-and-repair options.
Tips and warnings
- When calling your carrier for an exchange, do not call from your RAZR. If you do, your carrier will not be able to lead you through any other additionally required steps, meaning you will need to call back from another line later on.
- When dealing with any type of cell phone, personal data loss is always a possibility. Risk factors escalate once you've noticed problems beginning to occur. Set yourself up for success by frequently backing up your pictures and contacts to prevent their potential loss. You can accomplish this by utilising Motorola Phone Tools, a software download available on Motorola's website.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for