Dents are expensive to repair, and your truck tailgate is especially susceptible to them. Before you take your truck in for an expensive appointment at your local auto body repair shop, try this simple paintless dent repair trick at home. It only takes five minutes and will not damage your truck's paint job. Best of all, it will only cost you the price of an air duster, easily purchased at your local office supply store.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hair dryer
- Heavy gloves
- Air duster
- Damp cloth
Plug your hair dryer in an outlet so that the hair dryer reaches the dent. Set a pair of heavy gloves and the air duster within easy reach of your work area.
Aim the hair dryer at the dent on your truck tailgate so that the hair dryer is almost touching the dent. Turn the hair dryer on to its "high" setting and let it run for one minute. Turn the hair dryer off.
Put on your heavy gloves as quickly as possible and pick up the air duster, holding it upside down. Depress the button on the air duster to spray the dent on your truck tailgate thoroughly with liquid carbon dioxide.
Wait 30 seconds while the temperature difference in the dent that you heated with the hair dryer and sprayed with the liquid carbon dioxide causes the dent to pop out of your truck tailgate.
Wipe off your truck tailgate with a damp cloth.
Tips and warnings
- If the dent does not pop out of your truck tailgate on the first attempt, repeat the process until you are successful.
- Liquid carbon dioxide can damage your eyes. Be extremely careful not to spray the liquid carbon dioxide into your eyes when spaying the dent.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for