HP Photosmart printers can print out photos with a quality similar to what you would get from a professional photo printing service. However, like every printer, Photosmart Printers rely on ink to deliver on their results. Unfortunately, there is no direct way to check the exact ink amounts, but you can look at the estimated contents on your Mac.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with HP Printer Utility
Double-click on the HP Printer Utility located in the Utilities folder in Finder's applications list. Because this software was installed with your printer's drivers, it will be there.
Double-click the icon for the Printer Utility to open the program.
Click on the "Supplies Status" tab on the utility. This lets you read the estimated amount of ink left in your Photosmart printer.
Click on the Windows Logo, then click Control Panel.
Click on the Printer settings in the Control Panel.
Right-click on the HP Photosmart printer and click "Print Properties."
Click "Services" to view printer services, then click "Service This Device."
Click on "Estimated Ink Levels" to see ink contents.
Tips and warnings
- Keep spare cartridges with you in case you run out.
- The ink readings are only estimates. You may have more or less ink in the printer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for