Making popcorn with an air popper produces light, fluffy kernels, but this dry method does not allow for salt or other flavourings to stick to the popcorn. Find a compromise between the no fat added air popping process and the flavour of oil popped popcorn with a trick from your kitchen. This seasoning technique lets you stick with a low-fat diet without your popcorn tasting like bland diet fare. Only your imagination can limit the possibilities for seasoning your air popped popcorn for a healthy treat any time of the day.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Air popped popcorn
- Paper bag
- Butter flavoured cooking spray or oil in cooking mister
- Fine salt or other popcorn seasoning
Fill a paper bag with your air popped popcorn.
Gently spray a fine mist of cooking spray over the popcorn.
Add salt or popcorn seasonings to the bag over the popcorn.
Fold the top of the bag down and shake the bag to coat the popcorn.
Open the bag and serve.
Tips and warnings
- Try garlic salt, Parmesan cheese or chilli powder for twists on the typical salted popcorn flavour.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for