A family trip to a theme park is an exciting, fun-filled way to spend a weekend or summer vacation. But the fun for your family can start even before the car is packed and ready to go. Creating a home-made theme park map with your children is an enjoyable, creative and playful way to ensure a fabulous start to a memorable family vacation.
Things you need
1 sheet return address-size printing labels
3 - 4 sheets smiley-face stickers
3 - 4 sheets star stickers
4 - 5 sheets legal-size white paper
Print out a master copy of the official theme park map by downloading it from the theme park's website. Most theme parks have an official map in .pdf form available for download.
Choose the most popular rides and attractions and write the names on small labels.
Attach the labels to a sheet of paper using the official theme park map as a guide.
Connect the attractions with colourful markers or crayon lines to simulate the sidewalks, once again using the official map as a reference.
Hand draw major landmarks such as lakes, streams, people movers, forest areas or train tracks, really trying to recreate the original as much as possible.
Draw a small box next to each ride or attraction name. Your child can then check the box after enjoying the ride or attraction. Make sure you have one box per child for each ride.
Use the smiley face or star stickers and rate each attraction. The more stars or smiley faces means the more eager you would be to ride the ride.
Laminate the map at a local office services store. Laminating the map will save it from the wear and tear of a fun-filled day at the park.
- Keep an extra sheet of smiley face stickers or star stickers for each child so that they can rate the ride after the trip is over. For even more individual creativity let each child create a map.
Tips and Warnings
- Keep an extra sheet of smiley face stickers or star stickers for each child so that they can rate the ride after the trip is over.
- For even more individual creativity let each child create a map.
Things you need
- Coloured Markers
- 1 sheet return address-size printing labels
- 3 - 4 sheets smiley-face stickers
- 3 - 4 sheets star stickers
- 4 - 5 sheets legal-size white paper