The motherboard on your Acer Aspire 3610 notebook uses the BIOS program to check the hardware configuration and ensure all the components are in working order. When you upgrade components or install new software, you may experience a conflict with the current BIOS version that can cause a series of problems with the operating system. To get back to a working condition, you only need to flash the BIOS with the newest version available.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Open the Start menu and click the "Run" command. Type "msinfo32" and hit the Enter key.
Scroll down to the entry labelled "BIOS Version/Date." Note the current Acer BIOS version, such as "Acer v1.3808."
Close the window and return to your web browser. Navigate to the Acer BIOS downloads Web page (See Resources).
Click "Notebook" in the computer type menu. Select the "Aspire" series and then click the option for the "3610" model.
Navigate to the tab labelled "BIOS." Check the list of available BIOS versions for your Acer Aspire 3610. Click the option for the most recent version.
Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the file. Double-click the file and follow the on-screen instructions. Click "Finish" and then restart the Acer Aspire 3610.
Tips and warnings
- Before upgrading the BIOS on your Acer Aspire 3610, save all of your important files to an external location in case there is a problem and you can no longer boot the operating system.
- Don't flash the BIOS on your Acer Aspire 3610 notebook unless you are experiencing serious software or hardware issues. The newer BIOS version may not be compatible with your current hardware configuration.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for