The seat switch on a John Deere, such as the STX 46, is designed to kill the engine when the rider gets off the seat. This is known as a pressure switch. You can bypass the seat switch on a John Deer STX 46 by wiring the switch so that the circuit on the seat is always completed or active. This can be done by inserting a piece or wire into the switch or connecting the switch wires together.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wire cutters
- Small length of wire
- Wire covers
- Electrical tape
Lift the seat of the mower up so you can access the switch that is wired to the bottom.
Unplug the switch from the socket that is on the seat.
Cut the insulation off the ends of a small length of wire with the wire cutters.
Bend the wire into a "U" shape and plug the wire into the switch.
Wrap electrical tape around the switch to keep the wire connected.
Life the seat of the mower up so you can access the switch that is wired to the bottom.
Cut the electrical wires from the switch with the wire cutters. Remove about ½ inch of insulation from the end of each wire.
Twist the wires together and then cover the wires with a wire cover or electrical tape.
Tips and warnings
- Leave at least 1 ½ inches of wire connected to the switch so you can reconnect the wires.
- Bypassing the seat switch on your STX 46 is dangerous because the mower deck will continue run when you get off the tractor.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for