Vornado fans were introduced in the 1940s by the O.A. Sutton Company, which was well known for its innovative technology. According to its official website, the small electric "Zippi" and "Flippi" fans have soft nylon blades that are considered safer than other fans. They also have motors that are permanently lubricated and require no oiling. However, the fans do require regular, simple cleanings to keep them running their best.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Vacuum cleaner brush or crevice tool attachment
- Soft cloth
- Electronics vacuum
Turn the fan to the off position and unplug it from the outlet.
Remove dust from the fan grill using a vacuum cleaner with a brush or crevice tool attachment. The attachments will help to clear dust between the individual openings in the fan grill.
Wipe away any remaining dust or residue with a soft cloth. Wipe the cloth over the Vornado fan's grill. For sticky stains, slightly dampen the cloth with water and rub it over the area.
Clean dust from the electronics grill using an electronics vacuum. An electronics vacuum has just enough suction to remove dust without harming the electrical components behind the grill. Run the electronics vacuum several times until all dust is removed.
Tips and warnings
- The front hub of the Vornado Zippi is removable.Pull the hub straight out and remove any hair or debris that may have wrapped itself around the shaft.
- Clean Vornado fan's without a grill by wiping down the outer hubs and fan blades with a soft cloth. Some Vornado fans have no front grill that requires vacuuming.
- Do not open the front grill of the Vornado Flippi for cleaning. Only the manufacturer should open those kinds of grills.
- Do not oil any of the movable parts on any Vornado fan. Some oils will damage the motor.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for