While Pulsar originally made a name for itself by producing the first digital watch, today's fine Pulsar watches are primarily analogue or combination analogue-digital. If your Pulsar watch is too big, you can take out a few links to make the band tighter. Adjusting the bands of these beautiful watches to a perfect fit is less difficult than you might think. If you have watch link removal tools, you can size your Pulsar watchband to a custom fit in just minutes, regardless of whether or not you have any previous watch repair experience.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Optical cleaning cloth
- Watch pin removal tool
- Needle-nose watch or jewellery pliers
Put the Pulsar watch on your wrist and note how many links you will need to remove to create the perfect fit. Remove the watch to begin your watchband adjustment.
Spread your optical cleaning cloth out on a flat surface. Protect your Pulsar watch face by laying it face down on the optical cleaning cloth while you are sizing the band.
Look between the last five or six watch links, on the side of the band without the clasp, to locate the pins that secure the removable watch links. Note the direction of the small arrow on the back of these watch links; this indicates which direction you should push on the link pins to remove them.
Push the link pin in the direction of the arrow, using a watch pin removal tool. If you have trouble getting the link pins to come out all the way, grasp them with a pair of needle-nose watch or jewellery pliers and pull them free.
Repeat step 5 to remove additional links from your Pulsar watch band. Save the watch links and pins that you remove from your watch band. These pieces may come in handy if you need to repair or expand your watchband later.
Tips and warnings
- Using magnetic tipped watch or optical screwdrivers will make it easier to work with the extremely small watch screws.
- Set loose watch screws on a small magnet while you adjust your watch to avoid misplacing them.
- Pulsar Watches recommend that you have your watchband adjusted by an authorised Pulsar watch dealer. Self-sizing your Pulsar watch band may void the manufacturer's warranty.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for