A leather purse tends to accumulate a large amount of debris, as it can be a convenient place to put your litter when there isn't a dustbin handy. You can easily clear your leather purse of dirt and debris and get rid of any lingering odours.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Vacuum cleaner with hose (optional)
- Liquid hand soap
- Charcoal briquettes
- Paper towels
Empty the purse of everything. Leave the smaller pockets open.
Turn the purse upside down over the trash and shake vigorously. This should remove most of the larger pieces of debris, crumbs, etc.
If the purse is big enough, vacuum it.
Turn the purse inside out and pull the lining away from the leather, if you can. The more you can separate the lining from the leather, the better.
Hang the purse upside-down over a sink and hand wash the lining.
Let the purse dry completely, then replace the lining.
Place a few charcoal briquettes in the purse for about a week to remove odours. Wrap them loosely in paper towels to prevent charcoal dust from getting into the purse.
Tips and warnings
- Try to use more than one purse on a regular basis. This will prevent excessive wear and tear and soiling.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for