When you want a presentation to run independently, you want the music you've selected to continue running throughout the entire presentation, rather than only running through a few slides. Making this happen is easy, but it's hard to find the option within the PowerPoint interface.
Read on and you'll be able to have your music play uninterrupted during the entirety of your presentation.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- PowerPoint presentation file with timings set
- MP3 file
Open a presentation. Start PowerPoint and use "File" > "Open" to open a presentation with multiple pages that have timings set.
If they are not set, click the "Animations" tab, then click "Custom Animations." On the right side click "Automatically After" and then enter the number of seconds you would like that slide to stay visible during the presentation. Do this for each slide in the presentation.
Add a music file. From the first slide, click the "Insert" tab on the ribbon, then click on the "Sound" icon, located on the far right. Navigate to the directory where your music file resides, then click on the file and click "OK."
Navigate to the animations section of PowerPoint. From the ribbon, click the "Animations" tab.
Configure the music file to play uninterrupted. On the left side, click "Animate," then click the drop-down button and select "Play across slides."
Your music is now set to play all the way through your presentation.
Test the presentation. To ensure that your music file (MP3) plays all the way through your presentation, click "Slide Show" on the ribbon, then select the "From Beginning" icon.
You should see your presentation and hear the music. The music will continue to play as the presentation automatically advances.
Tips and warnings
- To remove the sound icon on the first slide, click "Animations" > "Custom Animations." Click the sound icon in the work space, then on the Animations panel, select "Effect Options" > "Sound Settings." Click the square next to "Hide sound icon during slideshow."
- To avoid having the presentation playing with no music, make sure your song is the same length as your presentation. If not, configure the music file to start again after it finishes. Simply select "Effect Options" then click the "Timing" tab and click the "Repeat" drop-down and select "2."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for