Living with a child, significant other or roommate who is on a different schedule than you can be a pain. Especially when you want to watch a DVD at two in the morning. Before, your options were to watch on mute with closed captioning turned on, or do without. Now, with wireless headphones, it's possible to make use of your flat-screen whenever you want without bothering anybody. Wireless headphone set-up is an easy process that will allow your roommates to sleep easier at night.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wireless headphones and base
- Audio cables (see your owner's manuals for connector types)
Most wireless headphones include rechargeable batteries. You will need to charge them, using the headphone base, before installation can continue.
Connect the transmitter base of your headphones to your audio receiver or television. Using the proper cable for your device (see your owner's manuals), plug one end into the audio input on your wireless headphone transmitter, and the other into the audio out jack on your receiver or television.
Test your headphones. Turn on your television and select the function you wish to listen to. Turn it on and make sure your wireless headphones are also powered on. Adjust the volume to a comfortable level.
Tips and warnings
- What type of cable you use will depend on your system. You may use analogue audio cables, digital audio cables or just plug the base directly into a headphone jack. A digital audio input will give you the best sound quality if you have options.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for