If you do your own oil changes or have your 2007 Lexus IS 250 serviced outside of the dealership, you will have to reset the "oil maintenance required light" on your own. Resetting this light in a timely manner is important, as it allows the vehicle to remind you when oil changes and other scheduled maintenance items are required. This helps you keep the maintenance on your 2007 IS 250 up to date and also keeps your warranty coverage intact.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Complete the necessary maintenance. Service your IS 250 by the standards listed in your owner’s and warranty manuals. This will keep the vehicle running well and your warranty coverage safe.
Press and hold the trip odometer reset button. The button is located in your gauge cluster.
Turn the ignition switch to the "on" position. If your IS 250 is equipped with a push-button start system, press the ignition button twice while also holding down the trip odometer reset button.
Hold the trip odometer button. With the ignition turned on, continue pressing the trip odometer button.
Wait for the service indicator to reset. This will take approximately five seconds, after which you will see the "maintenance required" light turn off.
Star the car. With the maintenance indicator turned off, you can start the car using your key or push-button ignition, just as normal.
Tips and warnings
- Depending on driving conditions, the maintenance light will illuminate based on total miles driven or the length of time since the last oil change. If you do not like having the maintenance light on, you can reset it using these instructions as soon as it illuminates. Just be sure to have the necessary service completed in a timely manner. Also, keep a written record of your services, as the maintenance minder does not keep track of what services were completed. A written record is your best defence in the event of a contested warranty claim.
- Keep your feet off the pedals while resetting the IS 250 service indicator. Pedal input will keep the service indicator from resetting properly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for