Making sure that your office chair is comfortable and set to the appropriate settings for your body type is essential to office productivity. You perform better when you are not distracted. One of the most important comfort factors of an office chair is the tilt tension, which accommodates your weight and provides support. Yet, many people do not know how to adjust the tilt tension. You must unlock the tilt tension before you can adjust it.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Office chair with tilt tension
Pull out the synchro tilt lever, which is the lever with a large ball handle on the end, in order to unlock the office chair from an upright position.
Turn the tilt tension, which is the cylindrical lever located directly beneath the front of the office chair, clockwise to increase the tension and reduce tilting.
Turn the tilt tension counterclockwise to decrease the tension and increase tilting.
Tips and warnings
- Pull up on the seat adjustment lever while increasing or decreasing pressure to adjust the height of the seat.
- Heavier users should increase the tension settings to prevent collapsing the office chair and possibly harming themselves.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for