MAME, or Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator, is one of the most popular free gaming applications available for the PC. Using MAME, you can replay hundreds of games from the golden age of arcade gaming. One way to enhance the MAME experience is by playing with a controller such as those manufactured by Logitech. This removes the need to input keyboard commands and makes MAME gameplay more closely resemble console-style videogaming.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Logitech USB controller software CD
- Logitech USB controller
- Windows PC running MAME
Install the Logitech Gaming Software by inserting the CD and following the onscreen prompts.
Plug your Logitech USB controller into a USB port when prompted by the software.
Start MAME and open a game you know to work on your computer.
Press "Tab" to bring up MAME's Ingame Menu. Select "Input (General)." Choose "Player 1 Controls."
Highlight "P1 Up" and press "Enter" on your keyboard. Press the "Up" arrow on your Logitech USB Controller's D-Pad. Repeat this procedure for all four directions of the D-Pad.
Highlight "P1 Button 1" and press "Enter." Press "Button 1" on your Logitech USB Controller. Repeat this procedure for all eight "P1 Button" selections.
Press "Escape" three times to exit the menu. Close the game to save your changes. All games in MAME will now be compatible with the default controls you have set for your Logitech USB Controller.
Tips and warnings
- For easy game start-up and fast in-game continuing, map "P1 Coin 1" to your controller's "Select" button and "P1 Start" to your controller's "Start" button.
- If the default settings are not optimal for a specific game within MAME, start the game then press "Tab" and select "Input (This Game)." This will allow you to change the way MAME interacts with your Logitech USB Controller within a specific game, without changing global settings.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for