Microsoft's Xbox Live Vision Camera functions as a way to make Xbox 360 gaming more personal. The camera allows players to use pictures and video of themselves as part of their offline and online persona in selected Xbox 360 games. However the camera has another, more pedestrian use. By connecting the Xbox Live Vision Camera to a Windows PC and following a few simple steps, your Xbox camera can double as a webcam for your PC.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn on your computer, start Microsoft Windows, and connect to the Internet.
Connect your Xbox Live Vision Camera to a high-speed USB port on your computer. The high-speed ports are usually found on the computer tower itself, rather than in the keyboard or monitor.
Wait for the Found New Hardware Wizard to start. This program will automatically install your Xbox Live Vision Camera with a few prompts from you.
Allow the Wizard to search online for drivers for your webcam. When you are asked whether you want the Found New Hardware Wizard to connect to Windows Update, click "Yes, this time only" and press "Next."
The Found New Hardware Wizard will contact Microsoft and download the software necessary to run your Microsoft Live Vision Camera on your Windows PC. When the software is installed and ready to use, click the "Close" button and start using your camera.
Tips and warnings
- If the Found New Hardware Wizard doesn't automatically start when you plug in your camera, go to the "Start" menu and select "Control Panel." Switch to "Classic View" and double-click "Add Hardware" to start the Wizard.
- If your Xbox Live Vision Camera does not start working right away after running the Found New Hardware Wizard, try restarting your computer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for