Hog ring pliers are a special tool used to clamp together a hog ring. A hog ring is a type of ring connector used in the furniture, automotive and fence industries to connect or secure together various materials. Hog ring pliers have a grooved jaw to hold the hog rings in place when they must be clamped. Use hog ring pliers by first setting the hog ring around the material being secured.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hog rings
Set the width or gap of the jaws when the pliers are closed. Adjust the thumb screw on the side of the pliers, if one is available. Twist the screw to the right to make a wider gap and to the left to make a smaller gap.
Pull the handles on the pliers to open the jaws.
Set the hog ring over the area you need to connect together. This can be a section of material or a link in a fence.
Place the jaws of the hog ring pliers over the hog ring. The ring should be set in-between the grooves on the jaws.
Squeeze the handles together to apply pressure to close or clamp together the hog ring. Repeat steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 to close or clamp together additional hog rings.
Tips and warnings
- The tips of the hog ring should touch when it is closed or clamped.
- Hog ring pliers can be straight or can be bent to access corners or hard to reach places.
- Some types of hog ring pliers are spring-loaded.
- Not all brands of hog ring pliers come with an adjustable thumb screw.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for