British Telecommunications, or BT, offers not only phone service, but also high-speed Internet and other communication services to more 170 countries. The company's phone service is available with a variety of features, including calling waiting, call rejection and voice mail. Like other telephone service providers, BT provides its customers a number of ways to disconnect their services. Once contacted, BT will provide you with a date and time of when your BT phone service will be turned off.
- Skill level:
Call BT customer service at 0800 800 150, if using a landline telephone. This call is free. BT's operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tell the BT customer service representative you would like to disconnect your BT phone service. Provide any requested information.
Write down the date and time your BT phone service is to be disconnected, along with the confirmation number the representative gives you, in the event you need it for future reference.
Tips and warnings
- If using a cellular telephone, call 0330 123 4150. This call to BT customer service is billed according to your cellular plan.
- If you are outside of the United Kingdom and you need to contact BT, call (+44) 179 359 8718.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for