You may be in the position in which you have download something in the RAR file format, but when you atempt to open and extract it, a display appears asking for a password before proceeding. This means that this file is encrypted and locked. You may not have the password readily available. Your best availabe option is to use a program such as RAR Password Unlocker to decrypt the file and retrieve the password for you, so that you can extract the file contents.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- RAR Password Unlocker 3.2 software
- RAR file
Download the free trial version of the RAR Password Unlocker 3.2 software (see "Resources" section below).
Run the software by clicking on its exe. file.
Click the "Open" button in the menu task bar of the program to browse for the RAR file that you want to open.
Choose the RAR file in the "Open File" window, then click on "Open."
Select the "Brute-force Attack (Trying All Possible Combinations)" option in the program.
Click on the "Start" button in the menu task bar to begin the process of decrypting the file.
Click "OK" when the dialogue box appears with the decrypted RAR file password. Now you can use this password to open and extract the RAR file.
Tips and warnings
- Other programs apart from RAR Password Unlocker 3.2 that perform a similar function are the
- Archive password recovery 2.20 and RAR Password Cracker.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for