BlackBerry phones were once just a mainstay of corporate businesspeople, offering solutions for maintaining contact with business partners and clients. Now Research in Motion, the company that produces BlackBerry phones, provides a range of mobile phone models that appeal to all types of users. In addition, they also offer a full suite of applications that increase the productivity and multimedia capabilities of BlackBerry phones. Finding free applications that run on your BlackBerry is a simple process that makes your phone more functional and fun.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- USB cable
- Computer with BlackBerry desktop manager installed
Download Research in Motion's BlackBerry desktop manager for your computer from their official website. Install the desktop manager on your computer's hard drive and run it.
Install BlackBerry App World on your BlackBerry phone. Visit the App World official page on the BlackBerry website and click the button labelled "download for Blackberry mobile phone." A link will be sent to your e-mail. Open your e-mail using your BlackBerry's included browser. This application will allow you to easily manage all of your other applications directly from your phone when you are not able to easily access your computer's desktop software.
Perform an online search for applications that match your interests or needs, such as "Free BlackBerry accounting application." Make sure to include the word free in your search. Search for the names of the applications you are interested in on your computer desktop software by opening the applications utility in the program.
Connect your BlackBerry phone to your computer using the BlackBerry USB cord included with your phone. Click "synchronize applications" to upload all of your free applications to your BlackBerry phone.
Tips and warnings
- Use the App World application you downloaded in Step 1 to download applications directly to your BlackBerry phone when you cannot access the BlackBerry desktop manager. A section is dedicated to free applications that will let you download games and applications free of charge.
- Make sure any application you download comes directly from BlackBerry's App World or from a reputable website. Some computer hackers attempt to hide spyware or other malware in files that are labelled similarly to an application. If installed on your computer, this may cause serious issues, so protect yourself by only downloading legitimate applications.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for