False teeth are worn for a variety of medical and cosmetic reasons. They are vulnerable to chipping and breaking, however, especially after extended use. It could be an accidental drop on the bathroom floor that chips a tooth or a crack in the plate that holds the teeth together. Emergency repairs are feasible if, for instance, you're out with friends and something breaks over the weekend. Schedule an emergency visit to a dentist as soon as possible, though, because repair kits are not meant to be a permanent solution.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Emergency denture repair kit
- Wooden spatula
Purchase an emergency denture repair kit.
Make sure you have all of the pieces of your dentures for the repair. A dentist's repairs will take that much longer if you don't have all the pieces.
Create the paste to seal the pieces together by mixing denture repair fluid and powder together. Mix with a wooden spatula to create a thick, syruplike paste.
Apply a thin layer of the paste to broken pieces, and firmly hold the pieces together for five minutes. Make sure that the pieces neatly fit together and are properly aligned.
Scrape off any excess paste that squeezed out between the pieces, and soak the dentures in hot water for 10 minutes.
Pat the pieces dry, and gently sand down any rough spots.
Crack In Denture Plate
Make sure the tooth will fit back in the slot, wipe the area clean and dry it.
Spread the paste into the hole, press the tooth into the slot and hold it firmly for five minutes.
Soak in hot water, and clean with soap and water. Rinse and use.
Replacing Missing Teeth
Tips and warnings
- Use only approved denture repair concrete to fix your dentures. Fixing dentures with super-strength glue can cause toxic poisoning.
- Keep denture repair liquid away from flames. Wash your skin immediately if splashed with denture repair fluid.
- Do not use temporarily fixed dentures longer than necessary. Dentures that do not fix correctly can cause permanent gum damage.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for