Personalised mugs can be given as gifts for many occasions. You can buy plain mugs and paint your own designs on them or upload photos to one of the many websites offering professionally printed mugs. You can also create mugs for a business by uploading a company logo. Since mugs are ubiquitous in nearly every American household, a personalised mug can be an effective marketing tool.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Photos in .jpeg format
- Plain mugs
- Enamel paints
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton balls
Determine whether the logo or photo you want to use is suitable for your mug. Use only high-quality photos and photo files.
Find a website that allows you to customise your mug with photos and logos. Compare the prices and offerings of each website.
Follow the website prompts for uploading your image and adding any other customising information. Preview the mug if you can.
Fill out your shipping and billing information and look at the shipping time frame and refund policy.
Photo and Logo Mugs
Purchase plain white mugs, enamel paints and paintbrushes at an art supply store.
Wash and dry your mug and wipe it down with a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol, which removes any residual oil from the mug.
Paint a design, picture or logo onto your mug.
Bake the mug in an oven at 177 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes. Let the mug cool inside the oven. Wash and dry the mug before using it.
Tips and warnings
- Fill the mug with candy, wrap coloured cellophane around it and tie it with a ribbon for a gift.
- Don't take the mug out of the oven right after it's finished baking; the enamel might crack because of the abrupt temperature change.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for