Your computer’s taskbar offers you customisation features like the ability to put icons to your most frequently used programs on the Quick Launch toolbar that appears on the taskbar. This is advantageous for users who don’t want to clutter their desktops with these icons. Most people put their Internet icon on their toolbar, but sometimes that icon may move from the toolbar. It is easy to put it back, even if you are a beginner.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Quick Launch toolbar
- Internet icon shortcut
Right-click on the taskbar at the bottom of your computer’s screen, and select “Toolbars.”
Click on “Quick Launch” to put a check mark on the Quick Launch toolbar so that it will show up on your taskbar.
Locate your Internet browser program--Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc. Oftentimes, a shortcut to it will appear on your desktop. If not, then you can find it by clicking “Start” and then “All Programs.”
Right-click on your Internet browser program, and select “Create a shortcut” to create an Internet icon shortcut.
Drag and drop the Internet icon shortcut to the Quick Launch toolbar to get your Internet icon back on your toolbar.
Tips and warnings
- Arrange icons in your Quick Launch toolbar by dragging and dropping them into the order you wish them to appear.
- You may not be able to arrange the programs in your Quick Launch toolbar if the taskbar is locked. To unlock the taskbar, right-click on it and select taskbar if there is a check mark next to it.
- Ensure that you create a shortcut before dragging and dropping your Internet icon to the Quick Launch toolbar, so that you don’t move your Internet browser program from its original location.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for