Soda crystals are also known as washing soda. They do not contain phosphates, enzymes or bleach, and most brands also lack fragrance. They have a wide variety of uses both indoors and out, although their most common use is on textile products and washing laundry.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Soda crystals
- Washing machine
- Plastic gallon jug
- Cleaning rag
Mix up a soda crystal solution. In the gallon jug, combine 4 cups of soda crystals and hot water. The crystals will dissolve when you add the hot water, but you can swirl the jug to accelerate the process. This makes a regular-strength solution.
Soak greasy clothes overnight in the soda crystals. Add the solution to your washing machine, then leave the load set on "soak." In the morning, when you run the wash, the grease should lift without difficulty.
Apply your solution directly to grease, blood, ink, coffee and tea stains. With blotting, the stains should lift from the fabric.
Add 1/2 cup of soda crystals directly to your regular washing to soften the water. Cut your detergent measurement in half.
Tips and warnings
- The soda crystal solution also works on tarnished gold and silver, and greasy pans.
- Do not use soda crystals to clean aluminium.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for