A Gin Sling is a simple drink that is made with regular table sugar, gin and soda water mixed in a cocktail shaker and poured into a collins or highball glass filled with crushed ice. The Gin Sling has never been as popular as the Singapore Sling, a drink made of lemon juice, dry gin and cherry brandy, but the Gin Sling is a wonderful drink that gin purists will appreciate. This recipe makes one Gin Sling, on the rocks.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cocktail Shaker
- Crushed ice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 113gr. gin
- Collins or highball glass
- Soda water
- Lemon peel, for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with crushed ice.
Add the sugar and gin to the cocktail shaker and shake gently for 10 to 15 seconds. Shaking too hard will bruise the gin.
Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into a collins or highball glass half-filled with crushed ice.
Fill the glass with soda water and garnish the drink with a twisted lemon peel. Serve immediately.
Tips and warnings
- If you prefer, use simple syrup in the cocktail instead of the icing sugar.
- To add a tropical flavour, try adding one-half ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice or Rose’s sweetened lime juice.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for