It is common for a new pair of leather boots to be rather uncomfortable when first wearing them. Usually leather boots will stretch out some and form to the shape of an individual's foot, however this is not true for all boots. It may be necessary to stretch, or widen, a pair of leather boots to make them fit more comfortably.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Shoe stretch spray
- Thick socks
Apply a generous layer of shoe stretch spray over the entire surface of the boot by simply spraying it on.
Put on a thick pair of socks to help with the stretching process of the boots and put the boots on.
Wear the leather boots until the shoe stretch spray is completely dry.
Tips and warnings
- Shoe stretch spray can usually be purchased at a local shoe store.
- Wearing two pairs of socks will help to stretch the boots out even more.
- This process can be repeated as many times as needed for greater results.
- After spraying the boots with shoe stretch spray, you can also insert a boot stretcher and leave the boots to stretch for 24 to 48 hours.
- Another alternative is to take the leather boots to a cobbler as they can usually stretch the boots about one half size in length and one full size in width.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for