Buying chemist or pharmacy products at wholesale prices just requires doing some research to obtain the proper licenses. You must first obtain a business license to purchase chemist products and be a licensed reseller of pharmaceutical supplies.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Things you need
- Internet connection
Look on the Internet to find the location of your local government business license office. Make note of the office's hours and fees associated with obtaining your business license, if any.
Bring your driver's license and money to your local business license office and obtain your license.
Take your business license to the resellers permit office (also known as a "sellers" permit.) The resellers permit will prevent you from having to pay sales tax to your supplier if you plan to resell the chemist products to an end user. The business license office will be able to direct you to the right location to obtain the resellers permit.
Visit the FDA website or call them to obtain a reseller of pharmaceutical supplies permit application. Fill out the form and pay the fees.
Do an Internet search for a list of suppliers of chemist or pharmacy products. A good place to start is with the Thomas Register or Tradekey (see Resources section below).
Call the supplier and fill out their wholesaler application. Each wholesaler most likely will want a copy of your resellers permit or at least your resellers permit number.
Obtain a price sheet from the wholesaler and ask about the minimum quantity of each product you must purchase or the minimum dollar order of a variety of products. Ask about discontinued items or any specials they are offering.
Decide what quantity and which items you wish to purchase, then place your order.
Tips and warnings
- Get quotes from several wholesalers to make sure you are getting a good deal at actual wholesale prices.
- Just because a wholesaler says they sell directly to the public at wholesale prices does not mean this is true. Be sure to ask what the difference in price is between their retail and wholesale prices.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for