Wedding bands are made to enjoy for a lifetime, but you need to know how to take care of it and clean it. Considered one of the stronger and longer-lasting metals when it comes to wedding bands, titanium is more scratch-resistant and does not bend or dent easily. In its purest form, it is also hypoallergenic. Titanium wedding bands can be customised with gemstones or diamonds or inlaid with other precious metals, requiring different methods of cleaning.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Soft, cotton cloth
- Warm water
- Liquid dish soap
- Cold water
- Household ammonia
- Glass cleaner containing ammonia
- Paper towel
Add 1 tsp of liquid dish soap to about two cups of warm water and stir until suds form.
Submerge the ring completely in the warm water for 15 minutes. Rub the ring with a soft, cotton cloth in the water before removing it.
Dry the ring thoroughly with a new and dry cotton cloth.
Plain Titanium Band
Make a half-and-half solution of cold water and household ammonia in a cup.
Soak the ring for 15 minutes in the solution.
Remove the ring and place it on a paper towel. Dry the ring thoroughly with a dry cotton cloth.
Stone-set Titanium Bands
Place 1/2 cup of glass cleaner containing ammonia, such as Windex, in a bowl.
Soak the colour anodised titanium ring in the glass cleaner for five minutes.
Remove the ring and place it on a paper towel. Dry the ring thoroughly with a dry, cotton cloth.
Colour Anodized Titanium Rings
Tips and warnings
- To remove minor scratches on a titanium band, apply about 1 tsp of cream metal polish to the band with a soft, cotton cloth and rub the ring thoroughly. In a bowl, combine three drops of liquid dish soap to one cup warm water. Submerge the ring in water and rub it with cotton cloth to remove the excess polish. Dry with a new, dry cotton cloth.
- If the band is inlaid with precious metals, keep it away from chlorine.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for